Configuring Office365 as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with office365 login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
By configuring Office365 as a social provider in cidaas, you will get a new option called Login with Office365 in the login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Office365 in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get App_ID_URI for Office365
- On office365 developer portal : Generate clientID and client secret
- On cidaas : Add clientID and client secret obtained from office365 into cidaas application
- On cidaas : Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable office365 as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get App_ID_URI for Office365
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get app_id uri from cidaas, which is needed to generate client id and client secret in Office365 account.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Office365 app from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Office365 App which will show the App_ID_URI. Make note of this App_ID_URI.
Generate clientID and client secret from Office365
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in Azure Management portal and how to get clientID and client secret from your office365 app and how to add cidaas app_id uri to office365 application.
If you don't have an active office365 account, create a new account in office.com, before proceeding.
1. Login to your Office365 account and navigate to Azure Management portal, then click on the Azure Active Directory icon under Azure services..
2. Click on the App registration link.
3. Click on New Registration link. Then enter your app details in the Register an application page that appears.
4. On successful registration of app, you'll get the clientID for your application. Copy/Make note of this clientID.
5. To get client secret, choose Certificates and Secrets menu and then click on New Client Secret button to generate a new client secret for your application. Copy/Make note of Client Secret once generated.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add clientID and client secret obtained from your Office365 account into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable Office365 as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Office365 from the list.
3. Enter clientID and client secret from office365 into the respective fields. You can also enable/disable Office365 in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirement.
4. Under Configure Clients for Office365 section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Office365 as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.