Configuring GitHub as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with github login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
When you configure github as a social provider in cidaas, you will get a new option called Login with GitHub in the login page of your cidaas application and Signup with GitHub in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Redirect URL for GitHub
- On github developer portal : Generate clientID and client secret
- On cidaas : Add clientID and client secret obtained from github into cidaas application
- On cidaas : Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable github as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get redirect url for github
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get redirect url from cidaas, which is needed to generate client id and client secret in github developers account.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Github app from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for GitHub App which will show Website and Callback url. Make note of this Website url and Callback url.
Generate clientID and client secret from GitHub developers account
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in github developers console and how to get clientID and client secret from your github app and how to add cidaas redirect url to github app.
If you don't have an active github account, create a new account in github.com, before proceeding.
2. Fill all the required fields to create an application.
|Application name||Enter name for your application|
|Application description||Enter description about your application|
|Authorization callback URL||Enter the redirect url which you obtained from cidaas|
After completing the form, click on “Register Application” to proceed.
3. Once the application is created, you'll be redirected to the app details page which will show the clientID and client secret for your application. Copy/Make note of this clientID and client secret.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add the clientID and client secret obtained from your github account into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable GitHub as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to GitHub from the list.
3. Enter clientID and client secret from github into the respective fields. You can also enable/disable GitHub option in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirement.
4. Under Configure Clients for GitHub section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable GitHub as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.