Progressive Registration is used to incrementally collect user data over time. Progressive registeration helps to provide a smoother registration experience for customers while also optimizing the customer data available.
On behalf of creating lengthy registration forms with many required fields, you can use progressive registration to get information from your user as time permits, and you can collect user information incrementally in many way such as second login, or when you reach particular page or when particular event triggered. Information is gathered confidentially when it is needed.
cidaas allows you to choose required fields for the registeration page of your application. Different applications can have different registeration fields. When already registered user of Application A tries to login with Application B, then cidaas will ask for data of the registration fields required by Application B to the user.
cidaas implemented progressive registration scenarios in following ways:
1. Application A needs only few information to register (i.e. Email, Password, Confirm Password).
2. Application B needs more information to register (i.e. Email, User name, Password, Confirm password and Date of birth).
3. Now user “X” is registered in Application A and logged into the same.
4. If user “X” tries to login with Application B, cidaas should ask only the extra fields required by Application B, since basic info of user is already registered in Application A.
Example illustration of Progressive Registration in cidaas system :
Create Application A and Application B in cidaas admin portal.
1. Consider, your Application A needs only email, password and confirm password fields to get register.
2. And your Application B needs email, password, confirm password, first name and last name fields to get register.
We can configure those fields in the advanced settings section of your cidaas application.
1. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> App Settings -> Edit Application A -> Advance Settings -> Registration Fields. Choose feilds for the registration page of Application A. (i.e, Email, Password, Confirm Password)
2. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> App Settings -> Application B -> Advance Settings -> Registration Fields. Choose feilds for the registration page of Application B. (i.e, Email, Password, Confirm password, Username, Family name).
3. Register a user "X" in Application A.
After successful registration, user "X" can use any of the applications in cidaas to login.
4. Now if you try to login to Application B with the credentials of user registered with Application A.
Then a screen to enter username and family name will be shown since these fields are needed for Application B to register a user.
5. After entering all details click on Register button to get registered and proceeds to login.